The scope of ISO 14001 specifies requirements for the implementation of an EMS. The scope covers the requirements for a company, as well as information on environmental impacts and significant environmental aspects that the organization can control and influence. The scope of the ISO 14001 standard does not itself specify specific environmental performance criteria.
ISO 14001 is one of a series of international environmental management standards to promote the continuous improvement of corporate environmental performance through the adoption and implementation of an environmental management system emerges. This standard specifies the basic elements of an EMS, but only contains items that can be objectively audited for the purpose of certification or declaration of self.
By completing ISO 14001 certification for the organization, we assure stakeholders that your Environmental Management System (EMS) meets the specific environmental standards for the international industry. Every business, large and small; industrial, manufacturing, services, trade-related or had an impact on the environment and can therefore meet their advantage to ISO 14001 certification.
Here are the several advantages of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System as listed below:
- Provide your business with the assurance that you are experiencing, and will continue to meet your commitments, environmental management systems and corporate policy requirements.
- Provide potentially less regulatory oversight visits.
- Display your business partners, regulators, and the community that you are responsible for the environment.
- Increase competitiveness.
- Increasing profits through process improvement and potential energy savings.
- Reduce your environmental responsibility.
- Reduce costs due to potentially lower insurance rates.
- Checking your recognition systems and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Improve relations with regulatory bodies – organizations that implement an EMS ISO 14001 often report improved relations with government regulators find that regulators are quicker to provide technical support, and find that regulators are much more favorable in general.
- Capture institutional knowledge – ISO 14001 ensures that information is properly documented, communicated and retained. The cyclical nature of this management system also ensures all system information is reviewed and updated at least annually.
- Streamlining operations – organizations often realize monetary savings as a result of greater operating efficiency and energy conservation, and reducing the use of materials and generation of hazardous hazardous waste.
- Awareness and increased participation – Organizations benefit from improved communication on environmental issues inside and outside the organization. ISO 14001 gives people a way to raise environmental issues and it is clear that environmental performance is an important part of corporate culture.
- Security benefits – by reviewing material transactions control procedures, including a review of procedures for emergency preparedness and response, organizations are able to identify and implement security improvements.